Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010


Quite often you stories from other make up artists about the genesis of their calling to make up involving playing with their mothers or sisters make up. I can hardly remember my mother wearing make up. I do remember this bright shade of crimson lipstick she would wear on the the very rare occasion she went out. To me it was add odds with my perception of her so had rather the opposite effect to inspiration. My sister is younger than I am so no inspiration there either. My inspiration came from the impossibly distant images of Jerry Hall and watching Miss Universe on TV. My wife wears make up out and to work, but as little as she can get away with. If she didn't have to she wouldn't. So for as long as I can remember I have felt a bit like I'm on an island. But wait, on the horizon I can see a ship carrying long awaited hope in the form of my daughter, a girly girl for sure with any eye for fashion and a passion for make up. Oh and did I mention how beautiful she is!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ray,
    I think your photo of your daughter is amazing and I would like to do a painting of it if you are ok with that? Can you please contact me in regards to this. info@collette.co.nz

    Regards
    Collette

    ReplyDelete